Have an event coming soon and can’t decide what to wear that sets your look apart from the crowd? We have just what you need. You can choose your fabric, and we will make you go through some guidelines that you need to follow in order to have yourself a brand new Kurti overnight. And turn some heads at the party in the Punjabi style Kameez.You can take an idea about what pattern or style you want from online Kurtis. Just scroll and see which cut you would like in it. There are various designs available especially including for the ladies. Make your decision and cut some fabrics and sew yourself a brand new suit.
So, let’s start, shall we?
This plays a big role in making a Suit or cutting and sewing anything for that matter. Just make sure you have the right measures.What you need are the following measurements:
- Sleeve length
- Round arm
- Waist length
- Hip length
- Neck width
- Front and Back Neck Depth
- Material: According to your measurements, you need the material to cut and sew a salwar kameez suit.
There are many steps to a perfect style to cut and sew the salwar suit:
- First, you need to take both(the front and back) the pieces of And two pieces of thesleeve, of course, left and right with two of rectangular pieces for Neck facing.
- Now, you need to place the neck facing rectangular pieces to do the front and back kameez pieces while making sure that the right sides are kept together. And put a pin into it and sew along the neckline with one-fourth seam allowance. Cut the excessive part of facing pieces and make notches on seam only. It is time to turn the right sides out and press on it while giving a topstitch at neckline.
- Keep front and back pieces of kameez together while facing right sides and sew along the shoulder line. It joins the two of kameez piece together.
- Fold the hemline of the sleeve by one-fourth inside and once more fold it three-fourth in the same direction. And now sew along the hemline at the edge of the first fold.
- Time to keep the sleeves on the right side above the kameez armhole area. Put a pin in it and sew along with keeping a one-fourth armhole of theseam
- Keep the kameez inside out and sew along with one measure of side seam allowance with the right sides together, starting from the sleeve’s hemline reaching the hip line of kameez.
- Now fold it at the slit opening keeping it one-fourth inside and once more fold it one-fourth in the same direction. Sew along the slit opening of both of the sides and iron it.
- The last but not the least step is to fold the hemline half inside and fold one measure again. And sew along the edge of the first fold on the hemline.